Edge & Life Teen Programs
[accordion][accordion_section title=”Edge & Lifeteen Calendar”]
We are online @
[accordion][accordion_section title=”Youth Group Twitter Posts”]
[accordion][accordion_section title=”Youth Group Snap Chat”]
[accordion][accordion_section title=”Youth Group Instagram”]
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: No posts found.
[accordion][accordion_section title=”Youth Facebook Groups”]
- St. Mary’s Life Teen, Fort Frances
- Diocese of Thunder Bay Youth Office
- Corpus Christi Life Teen, Thunder Bay
- Holy Family Youth Group, Thunder Bay
- St. Agnes Amped Youth Group, Thunder Bay
[accordion][accordion_section title=”TEC: Teens Encounter Christ”]
Teens Encounter Christ (TEC) is a recognized movement of the Roman Catholic Church, offering to youth and young adults an experience of the Paschal Mystery of Jesus. Through evangelization and catechesis, this intergenerational movement facilitates spiritual growth of youth and young adults with a community of adult mentors. TEC calls forth one’s goodness for service in the Church and world.
[accordion][accordion_section title=”Discovery Camp”]
What is Discovery Camp?
Discovery Camp is a Catholic Bible Camp that has been running at Sunny Cove Camp outside of Fort Frances since 1950. The camp first began with the help of two Oblate seminarians who arrived in the parish to conduct leadership training for the youth of the Parish. Originally, the camp was held for two weeks in the summer; one week for boys and the following week for girls. According to the first brochures, the purpose of Discovery Camp “is to help young men and women from 12 to 15 years of age at a crucial time in their lives, to understand their worth, talents and responsibilities as Catholic youth in order to live full Christian lives.” Activities centred on “character growth with emphasis on spiritual, intellectual, and physical formation, and respect for the individual.”
While the format of Discovery Camp has changed over the years and it is offered as a 5 day co-ed experience, the work of empowering the young people of our Diocese with the gifts of the Holy Spirit continues….
Who can Attend Discovery Camp?
This camp is designed for young people in grades 7, 8, 9 and 10 to experience the love of God in a real and tangible way through prayer and Scripture, reflection and discussion, and social times.
When is the Next Discovery Camp?
The date for Discovery Camp 2017 will be July 10-14.
Does Discovery Camp need Volunteers?
Discovery Camp is so successful because of the many adult volunteers that support this camp each year. Our volunteers are youth ministry leaders as well as parental volunteers. If you would like more information about how to get involved please contact the Parish Office.
Opportunities are available for young people who have attended Discovery Camp in the past to volunteer as junior and senior counsellors. There is a separate application form and interview process for these positions.
Where can I Learn More or Apply?
Brochures and applications are available several months before Discovery Camp in your local Catholic parish and online. Space is limited and fills up quickly.
More information about Discovery Camp and Applications click the link found here.
Items from the Youth Library may be signed out by Youth Group members. Please remember to sign out the item and to sign the item back in when you return it.
- Why Be Catholic
- The 13th Day
- The Catholic Priest Today
- The Nativity Story
- Life Teen Catholic Bible
- Jesus of Nazareth – Pope Benedict XVI
- The Joy of Knowing Christ: Meditations on the Gospels – Pope Benedict XVI
- Ask the Bible Geek: Answers to Questions From Catholic Teens – Mark Hart
- The 100-minute Bible – Michael Hinton
- You Can Understand the Bible: A Practical Guide to Each Book in the Bible – Peter Kreeft
- The Bible Compass: A Catholic’s Guide to Navigating the Scriptures – Edward P. Sri
Discernment & Vocations
- Surrender: The Life-Changing Power of Doing God’s Will – Larry Richards
- Uniformity With God’s Will – St. Alphonsus Liguori
- Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth: The Catholic Church and God’s Plan for You – Catholic Answers, Inc.
Faith & Apologetics
- YouCat: Youth Catechism of the Catholic Church – Michael J. Miller
- Reasons to Believe: How to Understand, Explain, and Defend the Catholic Faith – Scott Hahn
- The “R” Father: A Christian Account of Life and the Universe – Mark Hart
- The Everything Catholicism Book: Discover the Beliefs, Traditions, and Tenets of the Catholic Church – Helen Keeler & Susan Grumbly
- Rediscover Catholicism: A Spiritual Guide to Living With Passion & Purpose – Matthew Kelly
- Rome Sweet Home – Scott Hahn & Kimberly Hahn
- Did Adam and Eve Have Belly Buttons? And 199 Other Questions From Catholic Teenagers – Matthew Pinto
- Did Jesus Have a Last Name? And 199 Other Question From Catholic Teenagers – Matthew Pinto & Jason Evert
- Do You Believe? The Basic Christian Creeds – Stephen K. Ray & R. Dennis Walters
- The Compact History of the Catholic Church – Alan Schreck
- Catholic Dictionary – Peter M. J. Stravinsky
- Symbols of the Sacred – Louis K. Duper
- Truth Be Told – Life Teen
- Annulments: What You Need to Know – Jimmy Akin
- Made for More – Curtis Martin
- Mere Christianity – C. S. Lewis
- To Know Christ Jesus – F. J. Sheed
- On Christian Hope – Pope Benedict XVI
- The Yes of Jesus Christ: Exercises in Faith, Hope, and Love – Pope Benedict XVI
- The Splendor of Truth (Veritatis Splendor) – Pope John Paul II
- We Have a Pope – Catholic Answers, Inc.
- The Apostles: The Origins of the Church and Their Co-Workers – Pope Benedict XVI
- Islam: A Catholic Perspective – Jimmy Akin
- Inside Islam: 100 Questions and Answers – Daniel Ali & Robert Spencer
- Rocking the Cradle Catholic: Raising Little Saints in a Lukewarm Culture – Mary Moore
- 99 Thoughts for Parents of Teenagers: The Truth on Raising Teenagers From Parents Who Have Been There – Walt Mueller
Prayer & Spirituality
- The Better Part: A Christ-Centered Resource for Personal Prayer – John Bartunek
- Pure Faith: A Prayer Book for Teens – Jason Evert
- The Prayer Workout Devotional – Justin Fatica
- Basic Spiritual Workout: A Guide to Christian Growth for Catholic Youth – Bob Rice
- Everything Is Grace: The Life and Way of Thérèse of Lisieux – Joseph F Schmidt
- Win It All: The Way to Heaven for Catholic Teens – Justin Fatica
Relationships & Theology of the Body
- The Journal of a Teenage Pregnancy – Erin Elias
- If You Really Loved Me: 100 Questions on Dating, Relationships, and Sexual Purity – Jason Evert
- Purity 365: Daily Reflections on True Love – Jason Evert
- Theology of Her Body: Discovering the Beauty and Mystery of Femininity – Jason Evert & Christopher West
- Theology of His Body: Discovering the Strength & Mission of Masculinity – Jason Evert & Christopher West
- Theology of the Body for Teens: Parents Guide – Jason Evert
- Fill These Hearts: God, Sex and the Universal Longing – Christopher West
- Good News About Sex and Marriage: Answers to Your Honest Questions About Catholic Teaching – Christopher West & Charles J Chaput
- Theology of the Body Explained: A Commentary on John Paul II’s “Gospel of the Body” – Christopher West
- Theology of the Body for Beginners: A Basic Introduction to Pope John Paul II’s Sexual Revolution – Christopher West
- The ABCs of Worship – Jimmy Akin
- The Lamb’s Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth – Scott Hahn
- Lord, Have Mercy: The Healing Power of Confession – Scott Hahn
- Many Are Called: Rediscovering the Glory of the Priesthood – Scott Hahn
- The Hidden Jesus: The Truth About the Eucharist – Kenneth J. Howell
- Go in Peace: Your Guide to the Purpose and Power of Confession – Mitch Pacwa & Sean Brown
- Come Adore: A Guide to Adoration – Life Teen
- Dictionary of Saints – John J Delaney
- Why Mary? – Catholic Answers, Inc.
- A Treatise on the True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin – St. Louis de Montfort
- Saint Michael and the Angels
- Saintbook – Mark Hart
- The Confessions – St. Augustine
- Mother Teresa – Mother Teresa & Brian Kolodiejchuk
Secularism, Science & Reason
- Absolute Relativism: The New Dictatorship and What to Do About It
- The Godless Delusion: The Catholic Challenge to Modern Atheism – P. Madrid & K. Hensley
- The Catholic Church and Science: Answering the Questions, Exposing the Myths – Benjamin Wiker
- Moving Forward: Staying Catholic in College
- How to Stay Catholic in College – Catholic Answers, Inc.
- Touch Points for Students: God’s Answers for Your Daily Needs – Ron Beers & Gilbert Beers
- The Poetry of John Paul II: Roman Triptych: Meditations – Pope John Paul II & Jerzy Peterkiewicz
- Hope and Charity: An Illustrated History of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Thunder Bay – Roy Piovesana
- Play It! Over 150 Great Games for Youth Groups: The Best of Play It! And Play It Again! In One Volume! – Wayne Rice & Mike Yaconelli
Youth Leader Resources & Links
[accordion][accordion_section title=”Resources, Activities, Games & Links”]
- All for God Catholic Youth Ministries
- Archdiocese of Toronto Youth Office
- Canadian Catholic Youth Ministry Network
- Catholic Answers
- Catholic Tools
- Catholic Youth Discipleship
- Catholic Youth Ministry (Australian Bishops)
- Catholic Youth Ministry Hub
- Catholic Youth Work
- Edge Support
- Life Support
- National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry
- Outside Da Box
- The Source for Youth Ministry
- Youth Ministry (YM) Central
- Youth Group Games
- Youth Worker
- Teen Sunday School Place
- Youth Group Games
- Christian Youth Activities
- Holy Spirit Interactive
- Official Catholic Directory
What is Lifeteen
It is our hope that new leaders from the parents of our youth will join us in this ministry. The formation and catechesis the youth receive and the fellowship they kindle are very necessary in our culture. Please pray for the youth of our Parish and all who are involved in youth ministry.
Creating Safe Environments
The Diocese of Thunder Bay is committed to creating and maintaining safe environments in our Faith Communities for those who work, volunteer and gather within our Parishes and institutions. In keeping with Diocesan policy, involvement in parish ministry requires a mandatory screening process for all applicants. Ministries which will place the applicant in the company of vulnerable individuals will require additional screening, including a criminal record check.
Interested? What’s the next step…
If you are interested in assisting with one of these ministries, please contact the Parish Office to learn more and to register, or download the volunteer ministry application and return it to the Parish Office.